- Stop worrying about the size of your breasts. It really doesn’t matter, and besides, everyone is going to be too busy checking out your ass to notice the size of your boobs.
- Your hair won’t always be frizzy, in fact, serums and straightening irons will give you the most amazing hair, so don’t fret.
- That gross skin condition on your hands? It’ll go away by the time you’re 14. Don’t question the how or why that it occurred, it just did, and now you can enjoy having soft, non-peeling hands.
- Your quirky sense of style? Guess what? It’s going to be one of the things people will love about you later on in life, cause you defy trends and time.
- You know how you hate olives? Sometime around your twenties, you’re going to start loving them. This will be a lesson in giving things a second chance.
- Remember how obsessed you are with the movie Lost Boys since the age of 8? You’re going to become friends with one of the actors later on in life and it’ll be so surreal.
- You always hated Sundays, cause they’re boring. Newsflash, Sundays will never get better for you, so just kill the boredom with a movie or writing.
- Cherish the time you have with your cousin Melody, she won’t live past 34, and this will break your heart.
- Your idyllic life will shatter in so many ways that you never would’ve imagined possible. Somehow, you are strong and prevail.
- Stop wasting your time obsessing over that boy. He isn’t special. Really, he isn’t.
- Keep reading, writing, and studying. You will value your intelligence more than your books, so focus on being the smart girl, not the pretty one. Pretty girls will grow old. Smart girls are forever.
- You’re your own worst critic, so give yourself a break, you’re doing all right.
- Enjoy all those music videos on MTV while you can, someday there will be none for you to enjoy.
2 thoughts on “13 Things I’d Like to Tell My 13-Years-Old Self”
That was a talk for your 13 yr old self. A few sad ones though. Wait you’re friends with one of the Lost Boys actors? Loved that movie. Thanks for sharing 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yeah, we initially met through Twitter and then in real life. It still feel surreal cos 8 yrs. old me would’ve never imagined something like that happening. Aw thanks for reading, I appreciate it!
LikeLiked by 1 person